5.29.2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Wyatt!


So today is the official day that my baby is 3 years old! I won't deny that I have been secretly or not so secretly dreading this day since he turned 2! I just cannot believe how big he is getting! He has always, and will always be a miracle to me. See just a two years before I was telling the man who would eventually become my husband that there was little to no chance at all that I may become pregnant, and if we were to try that it would be a long, painful, and grueling process. I was so sad the night that I told him because I was sure that no man would ever want such damaged goods. Much to my surprise(which I now have no idea why I was so worried in the first place)he loved me anyhow! I still ask myself almost everyday how I got so lucky! Then just a year and a half after we became eternal companions we were granted the miracle that is Wyatt. The first time I looked into his beautiful blue eyes I knew that I would never doubt or take for granted the power of the priesthood, blessings, or my Father in Heaven. So many years I had asked the Lord in earnest prayer why he had given me such a painful and at times heartbreaking trial in life. And that day three years ago I got my answer. Because Nanci you would never know how much you would or could fully appreciate this moment now. I am so so thankful, and can never fully in any word express just how thankful I am for my two beautiful children. Wyatt has been such a light in many of my darker days, and will always be! We just love you Wyatt so much and can't imagine life without your extremely infectious laugh, your big dimple, the silly things that you say at very random moments, how eager you are to learn anything new, your love of reading, the way you eat a grilled cheese sandwich, how you love to mother your little brother, your sweet sensitivity, and the powerful love we see you have for all those you know. We thank our Heavenly Father everyday for your sweet spirit. Happy Birthday son! We love you!

5 comments:

Misti said...

You are such a sweet mom, we are so lucky to have you in our family! Would you e-mail me your address, Saddie needs to send Wyatt something! Thanks! marshandmist@hotmail.com

Cheryl said...

What a sweet tribute to Wyatt! You're awesome!!

Lots of love!!

A said...

I thought that was such a cute post. Wyatt sounds adorable. Don't you feel old?

Kristen said...

Hey Lady!! How are you? I found your blog on Keri's and thought I would say hello! Hope all is well!

"M" Clan said...

Oh my goodness! Happy belated birthday wishes Cousin Wyatt!! We love you!