2.13.2009

Happy Valentine's Day for "Crayon" out loud!!!







This is the fun little project Wyatt and I decided to do this year for Valentines! He picked them out all himself and everything! He was just SO SO cute and so excited to do Valentines this year!! Garrett not so much, but if it doesn't involve a ball it really doesn't interest him that much so I'm not too fussed about it! Of course this involves a lot of "grown up" help to get started, but after they were cooled Wyatt and I formed an assembly line! Wyatt also picked all the colors for the paper, and saying! Here's how you do it:

1. You can pretty much use any crayon colors you want, I opted for reds, whites, oranges, pinks, and purples for the occasion. I just eyeballed how many I'd need, I didn't really measure.

2. Peel off the paper and chop into smallish chunks (Wyatt loved peeling the paper off because he is not allowed to normally!) It would probably work just as good if you wanted to break them up with your fingers.

3. Put the chopped crayons in a bowl and mix them around good so you get the colors all good and mixed up!

4. Fill up your heart shaped baking dish with the crayon mixture! Mine is silicon, I think they are just easier to pop stuff out of, but metal would work just as good.

5. Bake at 250 degrees for 15-20 minutes until the crayon is good melted!

6. Let them cool. It really doesn't take that long, I just got all the other stuff prepared while they cooled.

7. Pick your favorite shape (Wyatt chose to do it on a circle) write of your saying, you don't have to go with the one I did, you could always make up a different one!

8. Glue on your crayon hearts, and your ready for delivery!


Wyatt really enjoyed making these, and it was really fun and easy for me to do it with him! If you do make them I hope you have as much fun with them as we did! Happy early Valentines Day!

2 comments:

"M" Clan said...

YOU ARE THE GREAT! I can't believe you did all that work, it totally looks like you had a great time! xoxo

MegJill said...

Just found your blog through aunt Cheryl! Those crayon hearts are so cool, and it sounds like Wyatt had a lot of fun making them. We just did the basic Wal-Mart Valentines. Aiden filled them out by himself to give to his kindergarten class. He thought it was really neat. I'll have to make sure he doesn't see your crayon stuff until I'm ready to make it, cause they make our Valentines look just plain silly!